Mlb

1 me gusta

https://www.reddit.com/r/billsimmons/comments/17m81lb/a_percentage_of_this_sub_was_upset_with_bill_and/

https://www.reddit.com/r/billsimmons/comments/17mj1y1/kevin_clark_i_dont_think_the_teams_are_the/

@jfquintero10

Este comentario de reddit lo resume perfecto

I can tell you what it is.

Unfortunately, the way baseball is literally constructed is the problem. Football and basketball are able to create stars by manufacturing dramatic, end of game moments. The true test of a star player is how they handle crunch time. We all know if the Nuggets are down 4 with 3 minutes left, the ball is going to go into Jokic’s hands and he’s going to be asked to create. And if he’s successful, he creates a memorable moment from it that adds to his stardom. Even if he isn’t successful there can be compelling conversation about how he wasn’t able to get it done. In football, the classic case is the 2-minute drill. Its up to the star QB to create the game winning drive.

The key in both of these games is that the teams on offense can decide who on their team will dictate the action. They can put the ball in a player’s hands and that player can singularly have an outsized impact on their success.

Baseball doesn’t allow the Dodgers to put the bat in Mookie Betts’s hands whenever they want and to let him take them to the promised land. And baseball loses a lot of legend-making because of this, particularly in the immediate reaction, every moment must be broken down area we live in now.

The idea of how batting orders work would have to be re-thought. Additionally, starting pitching has become less and less impactful in the modern game in deference of 8-man bullpens of no names that all throw smoke and sliders. For this reason, starting pitchers also aren’t able to take hold of a game the way they used to either. So, they’re not as apt to become stars either. Its hard to become a star as a “scoring preventer” anyway in sports.

You would have to completely re-work the basics of the game in order to fix this. I say all this as someone that adores baseball and watched every minute of the World Series despite not having any allegiance to either team. This game just isn’t able to microwave superstars like basketball and football due to how it is constructed.

1 me gusta

1 me gusta

aca comenzo todo

1 me gusta

Rays
Orioles
Astros
D-backs

destino marcado

1 me gusta

Auméntenle el contrato al MVP

2 Me gusta

@MetaRiver le sacaron a Craig Counsell a los Brewers, de los mejores manager de la liga. Van en serio los Cubs esta offseason.

1 me gusta

Lo creeré cuando lo vea, aunque no creo que lo pueda hacer peor que el abuelo Ross, en especial lo del colapso de este año.

1 me gusta

8 billones va a gastar el tio Steve alrededor del Citi Field. Dicen que esa zona lindante donde se juega el US Open esta bastante descuidada

Parece que los Rangers estan muy interesados en firmar a Ohtani. Imaginate ganar las WS y semanas despues firmar al agente libre mas codiciado de la historia @CatrachoMillo

hacelo y me muero Shohei !
igual para mi se queda en california

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/17wtmtw/stephen_a_oakland_needs_to_take_responsibility/

que vaya a un contendiente

1 me gusta

Acuña, Olson, Riley, Albies, Harris y Sean Murphy + Ohtani y Kelenic, seria el mejor lineup de todos los tiempos.

El impuesto de lujo se les iria por las nubes, pero Liberty Media entre lo que factura con los Braves y la Formula 1, lo debe tener bien cubierto.